2:30, 3 and 3:30 PM starting times
RSVP for our neighborhood Halloween Parade! East Stratford kids can dress in costumes and parade around the lake to receive treat bags while volunteers cheer on the parade. This is event is sponsored by the HOA and only available for our young residents.
RSVP for children who will attend the parade. We need to know how many kids want treats, not the total number of family walking around the lake.
In case of rain the event will be held on Saturday, October 31 during the same time period.
**If you can’t attend or volunteer on the 31st don’t worry about it now. We’ll keep this RSVP and you can modify it after the rain.
RSVP to VOLUNTEER to cheer on kids OR hand out treat bags:
a) We need friendly faces, waving hands and noise makers to add more fun to 2020 trick or treating! Please sign up if you have enthusiasm but no kids to escort along the path
b) We need neighbors willing to wear a real mask and gloves to hand out treat bags.
Wearing a costume or crazy hat is highly encouraged!
**Teens are great at this job and we will give out letters to acknowledge their volunteer time.
How it works:
- RSVP is required for a specific arrival time to streamline the large crowd.
- Families will line up in the Clubhouse parking lot using the parking space lines to create a social distance of at least 6 feet between parties. Look for the sign that has your RSVP time – there will be 3 different lines.
- Volunteers will facilitate a socially distanced parade route. Please wave and thank the many people who will help host the event this year!
- Kids will bring their own containers to collect the 3-4 treat bags around the lake.
- By registering and attending you agree to the COVID-19 precautions listed below.
COVID-19 safety recommendations from local and national officials have guided the planning of this event:
- Candy & treats will be purchased by the Social Committee members this year, not donated by neighbors on the day of the event.
- Treats will “time out” once they are received and be bagged in advance to time out again. Volunteers who make the bags will wear masks and gloves.
- Volunteers at treat stations will be required to wear masks and gloves.
- Social distancing will be facilitated by the Social Committee volunteers.
- Masks are required for any person volunteering to help as they will not be able to maintain a social distance at all times.
- Attendees are asked to wear a mask while waiting in line.
By registering and participating in an event hosted by East Stratford you acknowledge that you will:
Not attend with a fever, with symptoms of COVID-19, or if any member of your household is experiencing symptoms or in a quarantine for exposure. Review these symptoms.
- Remain at least 6 feet apart from people outside of your household.
- Wear a mask outdoors while in line for events and any time you cannot maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet from people outside of your household.
- Discuss the risks of COVID-19 with persons under your supervision and steps to take to help reduce those risks and to reduce the spread of the virus as recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
Please use your best judgement when deciding if attending events is the right choice for your family during the COVID-19 pandemic. The East Stratford Residential Community Association will offer events to support neighbors during the COVID-19 pandemic utilizing guidelines from the State of Virginia, Virginia Department of Health and the U.S. CDC.
The coronavirus, known as COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic and the Commonwealth of Virginia is still in a public health state of emergency. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. While East Stratford Residential Community Association have implemented certain operating measures for in-person events to attempt to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19, the Association cannot provide a virus-free Facility nor can they provide any guarantee or other assurance that you (or your family members and guests) will not become infected with COVID-19. Your participation in any activities could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19.