East Stratford Annual Trick-or-Treat Parade
2, 2:20 & 2:40 PM start times
Around the Lake
Rain Date: Saturday, October 30, 2-3 PM
RSVP by Friday, October 22 to attend our annual Trick or Treat Parade around the lake!
East Stratford kids dress in costumes and parade around the lake to collect treats while volunteers cheer them on. This event is for residents only, please do not invite guests.
*Rain Date: Saturday, October 30, same times*
If your RSVP or volunteer work will change for the 30th don’t worry about it now. We’ll keep this RSVP going and you can modify it after the rain.
RSVP for your children who will attend.
We need to know how many kids want treats, not the total number of family walking around the lake.
RSVP to Volunteer or help:
CHEERING FANS: Friendly faces, waving hands and noise makers add more fun to trick or treating! Please sign up if you have cheer to offer, or join on the sidelines after you walk the parade route.
TREAT STATIONS: Neighbors are needed to hand out treat bags, while wearing real masks and gloves. Wearing a costume or crazy hat is highly encouraged! **Teens are excellent at this job, and we write great letters to acknowledge their volunteer hours.
How It Works:
- RSVP is required for a specific arrival time to streamline the large crowd.
- Families will line up in the Clubhouse parking lot in a social distance of at least 6 feet between parties.
- Volunteers will facilitate a socially distanced parade. Please wave and thank the many people who will help host the event this year!
- Kids bring their own containers to collect from 6 stations around the lake.
- By registering and attending you agree to the COVID-19 precautions listed below.
COVID-19 safety recommendations from national officials have guided the planning of this event:
- Candy & toys will be purchased by the Social Committee this year, not donated by neighbors on the day of the event.
- Candy will not be in treat bags as it was in 2020…but,
Volunteers handing out treats are required to wear masks and gloves.
- Social distancing is a must – please do your part to help facilitate a spacious, outdoor event.
By registering and participating in an event hosted by East Stratford you acknowledge that you will:
- Not attend with a fever, with symptoms of COVID-19, or if any member of your household is experiencing symptoms or in a quarantine time for exposure:
- Remain at least 6 feet apart from people outside of your household.
- Wear a mask outdoors any time you cannot maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet from people outside of your household.
- Discuss the risks of COVID-19 with persons under your supervision and steps to take to help reduce those risks and to reduce the spread of the virus as recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Please use your best judgement when deciding if attending events is the right choice for your family during the COVID-19 pandemic. The East Stratford Residential Community Association will offer events utilizing guidelines from the State of Virginia, Virginia Department of Health and CDC.
While East Stratford Residential Community Association have implemented certain operating measures for in-person events to attempt to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19, the Association cannot provide a virus-free Facility nor can they provide any guarantee or other assurance that you (or your family members and guests) will not become infected with COVID-19. Your participation in activities could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19.
Hosted by the East Stratford Social Committee. Questions? Email us at [email protected]