East Stratford residents ages 14 and older are invited to step on to our newly refinished courts for the first ever neighborhood Tennis Tournament!
All skill levels are welcome to come play for fun, meet neighbors and fellow tennis players! Our courts have been rockin’ this year and look fantastic, stop by to watch the games!
October 10-18. The dates of each round will be sent once all players are registered.
Players will be put in touch via e-mail to set a mutually agreeable time to play within the given days (2 – 5 days) for each round.
Register by October 5th on SignUpGenius and Comment with your Skill Level to get paired with a similar skill match in your initial round.
- Beginner – Infrequent, play for fun
- Moderate – Plays somewhat frequently at a moderate skill-level, and
- Advanced – has played on leagues or teams with regularity, is/or has trained with a pro.
The Tournament will be single elimination with one match per round. Games will be “neighbor’s honor” and players will officiate their own game; therefore, all players must be familiar with basic USTA rules and tennis match scoring.;
Gift Card prizes will be awarded!
Players will provide their own equipment (racket, balls, towel, water, etc.) and follow general COVID precautions. More detailed information will be provided to participants upon registration.
All levels are welcome; however, all players must be familiar with basic USTA rules and tennis match scoring.
Questions about the tournament? Email [email protected]
Tennis can be great exercise and a welcome source of stress-relief during pandemic days. It’s a non-contact sport played on a 78-foot long court which makes tennis an ideal social-distancing sport. Players must wear a mask and socially distance when arriving to greet each other (no direct contact) As masks are not required to be worn outdoors in the state of VA at this time masks are not required to be worn during games. Do not play your match if you are exhibiting any symptoms of the coronavirus as identified by the CDC or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days. Spectators may observe the games from outside the fence with a social distance of at least 6 feet between families.
- Not attend with a fever, with symptoms of COVID-19, or if any member of your household is experiencing symptoms or in a quarantine for exposure.
- Remain at least 6 feet apart from people outside of your household.
- Wear a mask outdoors while in line for events and any time you cannot maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet from people outside of your household.
- Discuss the risks of COVID-19 with persons under your supervision and steps to take to help reduce those risks and to reduce the spread of the virus as recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
Please use your best judgement when deciding if attending events is the right choice for your family during the COVID-19 pandemic. The East Stratford Residential Community Association will offer events to support neighbors during the COVID-19 pandemic utilizing guidelines from the State of Virginia, Virginia Department of Health and the U.S. CDC.
The coronavirus, known as COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic and the Commonwealth of Virginia is still in a public health state of emergency. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. While East Stratford Residential Community Association have implemented certain operating measures for in-person events to attempt to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19, the Association cannot provide a virus-free Facility nor can they provide any guarantee or other assurance that you (or your family members and guests) will not become infected with COVID-19. Your participation in any activities could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19.